Square Has Proven Advantages
Why is SQUARE FOOT® the best residential, commercial and industrial concrete footing form?
- Larger square footprint provides greater bearing capacity - load is distributed over more surface area.
- Produces greater strucutral integrity.
- Reduces the size of tube needed, opposed to
other footing forms which need a larger column to achieve
our soil loading parameters.
- Reduces swelling in expansive soil conditions (i.e. firm clay, silty clay, clayey silt, clayey sand).
Greater Footing Edge Depth
- More resistant to frost and high velocity winds.
- 6" base (min.) thickness reduces destructive lateral movement from frost and poor soil.
- Producees a thicker footing - a thicker footing is a stronger footing.
- Greatly reduces uplift caused by frost heaves in colder climates.
Integral Rebar Bolster Holes & Four Parallel Sides
- Four parallel sides easily facilitate standard rebar without custom fabrication.
- Our vent holes facilitate hanging rebar for addition strength and code/specification compliance.
- When used with rebar, SQUARE FOOT® provides the strongest footing possible - stronger than any other footing form or method.
Patented Square Shape
- Our exclusive patented square shape resists
tipping. This is caused by point loading of soil substrate.
- SQUARE FOOT® virtually eliminates differential
settling due to tipping.
- BUILDER'S CHALLENGE: Tip any round shaped
column and notice the amount of bearing area that remains
in contact with the soil substrate.
- Empowers the contractor to utilize dimensional lumber to increase the footing depth if necessary.
SQUARE FOOT® is easier to level and plumb.
- Four structural points of contact with the ground make leveling easier.
- Leveling a square is extremely easier than leveling
a circle. Just build to the high side by elevating the low
corners. (Remember to build on undisturbed earth or well compacted gravel)
- Opposed to a precast column without a base,
SQUARE FOOT®; will resist tilting during backfilling and compaction.
Saves both time and money.
- Enables excavation, backfill, and concrete pouring in one day.
- Saves up to 90% of labor, material, and equipment.
- Enables future expansion, such as conversion of a deck to a sunroom.
Meets or exceeds all National Building Code requirements.
- 2003 International Residential Code® (IRC), International Code Council
- 2003 International Building Code® (IBC);
- BOCA® National Building Code/1999 (BNBC);
- 1999 Standard Building Code® (SBC), and
- 1997 Uniform Building Code (UBC)
Made in the USA
- We employ U.S. plastic workers right here in New England!
- Our product is manufactured in Massachusetts and headquartered in Vermont.
- Our inventors, conceptual designers and owners
are one of the largest General Contractors and the largest
Concrete/Site work companies in Vermont.
SQUARE FOOT® is the only building code evaluated square plastic concrete footing form in North America.
When used with rebar, SQUARE FOOT® provides the strongest footing possible - stronger than any other footing form or method.